We maintain up to date policies and protocols in line with statutory requirements and best industry practice. They are listed on this page; if you have any queries about these policies, please contact us.
What we collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- job title (if applicable)
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to communicate with you
- to process your orders
- internal record keeping
- to improve our products and services
We may periodically send promotional emails, newsletters or other marketing communications about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, including services associated with studio photography using the personal information which you have provided. You are free to change your mind. If you do not wish to receive further e-mails, you will always find an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the end of all emails.
Use of your images
Copyright of your images remains with John Warden Photography, unless otherwise agreed in writing. If you opt-in at the time of the photo shoot, we may use your images for any or all of the following:
- In JWP’s printed publications, presentations, and promotional materials
- In the digital advertising of JWPs’s good and services
- In social media
- On the JWP website
- Entries on professional photography competitions, critiques and awards
We take security of data very seriously. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, or in person.
Do we share your data?
We do not share or sell any data that we receive with any third party.
Our website is hosted on the Format platform. Format provides us with the online platform that allows us to showcase and sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Format’s data storage, databases and the general Format applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
We sometimes use a photo gallery viewing service for our customers to be able to view their images at home. The gallery is hosted by Format.com. you have access to this service, images from your session will be uploaded to the gallery website. The gallery images will be protected by a password and only accessed by people you allow to do so. These will remain on the gallery for no longer than 3 months after which they will be deleted.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We sometimes use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
See the section below on this page for more information about cookies and how to update your cookie preferences.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, or on our exhibition stand, there will be an opt in box to demonstrate you are allowing us to use your data for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by referring to the contact section below.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held please write to our address at the end of this policy. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. If you would like us to remove your data from our records, please contact us using the details below. If you would like your images to be deleted alongside your personal details, please inform us. We will do this within a one-month period.
Keeping your information
Due to the nature of our business we keep personal details such as name/address/email address and previous visit information on our secure database. This data will be kept on our secure database for marketing purposes until we are made aware that you no longer want to hear from us. Our images from your session may be kept up to but not guaranteed, a period of 10 years and then deleted. The images kept cannot be identified to a specific person without access to both our secure password protected database and secure servers – both of which can only be accessed by members of staff.
JWP does not allow use of our services and websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to safeguard and delete such information.
John Warden Photography
14 Aris Way
This policy was last updated April 2020.